Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vegetarian Nachos

Lucky me! My husband made dinner tonight.

No really. It's a good thing. He made our family's version of Nachos.

Here's the recipe:

One 40.5 oz. can of Refried Beans
One bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
Chunky Salsa (We use mild or medium, just use whatever your family likes.)
Corn Tortilla Chips

Heat up the beans. We nuke 'em for three minutes in the microwave, stir, then nuke 'em for three more.

Spoon the beans into bowls, top with the cheese. If you want, pop the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese. I do this for hubby and me but not for the kids.

Top the beans and cheese with whatever combination of sour cream and salsa. (I like a lot of salsa and a little sour cream, my husband likes lots of sour cream and lots of salsa, my daughter likes a little sour cream and no salsa, my son likes lots of sour cream and a little salsa, the youngest son doesn't get sour cream or salsa.) You can also add some chopped olives if you're feeling fancy.

Use the tortilla chips to scoop the nachos into your mouth. Yum!

I was getting us ready for our upcoming camping trip, so I didn't get a chance to take pictures. The next time we have these nachos for dinner I'll post some pictures.

I'll be back in a few days with lots of posts about the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment