Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gluten Free Bisquick Pancakes

I recently had to kill some time at a grocery store in a neighboring town, so I thought I'd look around and see if they had any gluten free products that I haven't tried.

I hit the JACKPOT!!!



GLUTEN FREE BISQUICK!!!!!!

I have been dying for some real pancakes. In the past the only kind I could find were kind of nutty tasting (nutty like actual nuts, not nutty like crazy) and were very dense. I love pancakes and have seriously missed that morning classic.

I no longer have to miss out! I can have a normal, artery clogging lumberjack breakfast complete with flapjacks!

I don't have a picture of the finished pancakes. They were too tempting all warm and fresh, and there were none left by the time we were all done eating. All you have to do is look at the front of the box. My pancakes came out looking just like the ones they show on the package. How often does that happen?!

These pancakes were amazing. They were light and fluffy, and had a perfect taste. Sweet, but not too sweet. Tasty by themselves but beyond delicious once they were smothered in melted butter and maple syrup.

The mix was sweet, so I'm sure that it will make really good Strawberry Shortcake and probably good biscuits but I'm not sure how it will work for more savory dishes like Cheeseburger Pie. Also, the box is incredibly small. I used one whole box just making a triple recipe of pancakes for my family. Lucky for me I bought three boxes.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have found this Bisquick! School starts this week and anything I can find that will help make weeknight dinners faster gets a huge gold star in my book.

P.S. My daughter has recently started a milk free diet to go along with her gluten free one. I made these pancakes with cow's milk and with rice milk and they were great both ways. So for those of you who need gluten and lactose free you can still have lovely pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. I used buttermilk with this mix and they were wonderful! Almost as good as my homemade buttermilk pancakes!

    ReplyDelete